Now that you have your shiny, new tattoo, it's time to take care of it. The first few days are the most important time in the life of your tattoo. If you take care of it properly... it will take care of you.
1. A bandage will be placed on your fresh tattoo after it is done. (Do not rebandage) Keep the bandage on for at least 1 hour.
2. After that hour is up, carefully take the bandage off and wash the tattoo, using warm water and
anti-bacterial soap (Dove or Dial) and your clean hands. DO NOT use a rag or sponge.
3. Pat dry with a paper towel and apply Aquaphor or Aquatat. (Do not use A&D or triple antibiotic ointment, as these products contain Zinc, which pulls impurities out of your skin, and that is, essentially, what tattoo pigment is.)
4. After applying the Aquaphor/Aquatat, dab it with a clean paper towel to remove any excess ointment. The goal is to keep your tattoo in-between dry and moist. If it dries out, it can scab and crack... if it's too moist, the ink will seep out.
The reason why most people need touch-ups is, they don't clean their tattoo, let it dry out or use too much aftercare product. Don't take care of your tattoo properly, and you will be paying for a touchup. (I'll be able to tell)
Repeat this process for the first 3-5 days, or until any scabbing is gone, then switch to a non-scented, water-based hand lotion for 2 weeks. Avoid prolonged exposure to moisture and sun for those 2 weeks. In 45 days, come in for me to see how the tattoo has healed. I may want to take a picture of your healed tattoo.
1. Apply lotion, from time to time, to brighten up your tattoo.
2. Use sunscreen when in the sun for long periods, to keep your tattoo safe and beautiful as the day you got it.
This is where you come to the shop to discuss ideas, give reference pictures and leave a deposit. Deposits go towards the price of the last session of your tattoo. I will, then, take your ideas and make you a custom tattoo. The design process can take a few hours, days or, even a week to plan out, depending on the size of the tattoo and the placement.
After your design is ready, we will set an appointment date and time. Be sure to get plenty of rest the night before your appointment, practice proper hygiene, and eat something, maybe even bring a snack for larger tattoos.
If you are going to be late or need to reschedule, please give at least 24 hours notice or your deposit is forfeited. This means you will have to pay for the tattoo in full, instead of the deposit going towards the price of the tattoo.
Deposits are non-transfundable AND non-transferrable.
8001 south Orange Blossom Trail Orlando, Fl 32809
BLACK & GREY TATTOOS
HOURS OF OPERATION:
SUN-noon to 8pm
MON-noon to 9pm
TUE-10am to 7pm
THUR-noon to 9pm
MUSIC FAN TATTOOS